What information we collect;
• How we use that Information;
• How this information is shared;
• Your rights; and
• Other useful privacy and security related matters.
If you have any questions about how we protect your privacy, contact us.
Why do we collect data?
We want to give you the very best experience when shopping with Robin Woolard and so we collect data which helps us to understand you better and to personalize our services and the messages we send to you.
What personal data do we collect and why?
- Manage and fulfil purchase and repair orders, facilitate delivery and to provide after service care.
- Manage our accounts and records
Give you access to services reserved for registered users.
Send service related communications, including announcements and administrative messages such as order confirmation;
- Identify products and services we think you might be interested in based on your information, such as your purchase history and your previous interactions with us.
- Send you marketing communications (including e-mails and social media audience matching) relating to us and other third party partners and that we think may be of interest to you where we have a legitimate basis to do so and in accordance with your communication preferences (please see the “Your choices” section below for further information about how you can control these updates);
- Conduct market research so that we can continuously improve the services we provide to our customers;
Under data protection law, we must have a valid legal basis to process your data. In most instances, we will process your data because we have a contract with you e.g. to deliver your purchases or to provide you with other services you have requested. We will also use your personal data to send you sales and marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you if we have your explicit consent for this activity. You can opt-out of sales and marketing communications from us at any time.
• Visitors to our website
• Subscribers to our newsletter
• Individuals captured by CCTV images
Sharing your information.
- we will disclose your personal information to third party providers for the purposes of providing online and other payment services and fraud prevention, or any other services required in order for us to use your information for the purposes;
- we will disclose your personal information to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party;
- we may share your personal data with our third party suppliers for the purposes of them providing services to us. We require all third party suppliers to respect the security of your personal data and comply with applicable data protection law. We require third party suppliers only use your personal data in accordance with our instructions and we do not allow third-party suppliers to use your personal data for their own purposes;
How do we use your personal information?
We may collect, use and disclose your personal information in order for us to operate our business. This includes:
(a) Processing it to enable us to buy, sell and advertise our products
(b) Carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
(c) Processing your online orders
(d) Creating your online profile
(e) Maintaining our own accounts and records
(f) The use of CCTV systems for crime prevention
(g) Carrying out market research and analysis including satisfaction surveys
(h) Carrying out analysis of consumer choices
(i) Providing marketing and other information, products or services to you that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, in accordance with the preferences you have expressed.
In addition, when you place an order through our website we engage reputable third-party banking and distribution institutions to handle our credit card transactions and order fulfilment. We share with them the information needed to verify and authorize your payment card and to process your order. All such organizations are under strict obligations to keep your personal information private and are subject to stringent data security requirements.
Where you have expressly consented to such use, for example when you create an account with us, we may use information held about you, or permit selected third parties to use such information, to provide you with information about products, promotions and special offers which may be of interest to you as well as personalized communications and we or they may contact you about these by email, post or telephone. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
We may share your personal data with our third party suppliers for the purposes of them providing services to us. We require all third party suppliers to respect the security of your personal data and comply with applicable data protection law. We require third party suppliers only use your personal data in accordance with our instructions and we do not allow third-party suppliers to use your personal data for their own purposes.
How long we keep your personal information
How we protect your personal information
We are strongly committed to data security and we take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, loss, misuse, alteration or corruption. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, therefore, although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to our site and any such transmission is at your own risk.
California privacy rights
This section applies solely to the personal information collected online and offline of California consumers. This section is intended to address the relevant notice requirements of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (collectively, the “CCPA”), and uses certain terms that have the meaning given to them in the CCPA.
- Your information, sources and purposes: Please refer to the sections above headed “Information you provide to us and how we use it” and “Cookies and other information that we automatically collect” for a description of the personal information we may collect about you (or have collected in the preceding 12 months) and the sources of such information (such as directly from you and your device or through certain third parties). These sections also describe the purposes for which we may use or have used such information. We do not collect or process sensitive personal information for purposes of inferring characteristics about consumers. To the extent we process deidentified information, we will maintain and use the information in deidentified form and will not attempt to reidentify the information unless permitted by applicable law.
- Disclosing your information: We may have disclosed your personal information to certain categories of third parties, as described in the section headed “Sharing your information” above.
- Selling your information/sharing your information for cross-context behavioral advertising: We do not sell or share your personal information in exchange for monetary compensation. As described in the sections headed “Cookies and other information that we automatically collect” and “About Advertising”, we may allow certain third parties (such as certain advertising partners) to collect your personal information via automated technologies on our Platforms in an effort to serve you content and advertisements that may be of interest to you. We also may share your personal information, such as your email address, with third parties to help support our marketing activities. This kind of sharing may be considered a sale or sharing for cross-context behavioral advertising under the CCPA. You have the right to opt out of this disclosure of your information, as described below
- Your rights: Subject to exceptions under applicable law, you may have certain choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information, as described below:
- Access: You have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the personal information we have collected about you, including the categories of personal information, the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing personal information, the categories of third parties to whom we disclose personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- Correction: You have the right to request that we correct the personal information we maintain about you, if that information is inaccurate.
- Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete certain personal information we have collected from you.
- Opt-Out of Sale or Sharing: You have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information or sharing of your personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising. You can opt-out of cookie-based selling broadcasting the Global Privacy Control signal. For more information about how to use the Global Privacy Control signal, please see https://globalprivacycontrol.org/. In addition, you can opt out of other types of selling/sharing as further described in the CCPA Opt-out Page. Your opt-out will be specific to the browser and device you are using and will apply to the website domain on which you submit the request. If you clear your cookies or use a new browser or device to access the site, please submit a new request to re-apply your opt-out choice. Note that even if you opt out of sale or sharing, you may still be served advertisements and receive marketing emails from us and our service providers.
To exercise your rights on behalf of yourself or another individual, please contact us as described in the section headed “Contact Us” below. If you exercise your rights, we may require you to provide certain information to verify your identity (such as your name, email address, phone number and/or address) or the authority of any third person acting on your behalf.
No discrimination: If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us. This section is available in alternative formats upon request by contacting us as described in the section headed “Contact Us” below.
Personal, family and household clients: In addition, under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, if you are a California resident and your business relationship with us is primarily for personal, family or household purposes, you may request certain data regarding our disclosure, if any, of personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail message to our e-mail address below with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line. You may make such a request up to once per calendar year. If applicable, we will provide you, by e-mail, a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the third parties’ names and addresses. Please note that not all personal information sharing is covered by Section 1798.83’s requirements.
Our website is not directed at anyone who we know to be under the age of 13, nor do we collect any personal information from anyone who we know to be under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you should not use this website and should not submit any personal information to us.